Halloween @ Savers in Brunswick @ Wednesday, October 29, 2014



 I love that quote on the right, though it makes le beau sad somehow. 


The other week we went to Brunswick for props and came back with mainly books. :P


We may eat here just because of the name, but it is far to travel for brunch. 


There were some nice vintage dresses at Scavengers, but I question what is the different between vintage and op shop and stuff we donated when grandma died? Is it just a fancy word to increases prices and value of a piece? If there wasn't demand for it would it be reduced to op shop stuff?


Through a fb group we heard Savers had costumes! Over the years we've heard a lot about them, mainly that they're cheap and a warehouse sized op shop. As I can't handle old things and germs (other than in search of The Holy Grail Vintage Polly Pocket) we have never been here before.


Unlike other op shops they support a health related organization. 


It is literally a warehouse inside, one much more organized than 'Save it Online Offline'.

 If you're into Frankie Magazine this is the perfect place to get them $2 each.


 If only I had room for these knick-knacks as le beau calls them. 
But I do! This now lives in the fish tank wall. 


 Oh that's an interested garden gnome.


text I have always wanted a candelabra but they're not safe. I do actually have one that holds about five candle sticks. And I think we used it once for a Halloween party which failed because no one wanted to come in costume. To think of it I have never successfully thrown a party...  


 There's a Halloween section!


Wings all under $10. If only I had the room... We'll be back next year!


text Bustle skirt as seen on ebay, I do have one but nothing goes with it. Lots of tutus and petticoats none of quality sadly. And those plain black wings are huge! A great base to glitterize and add rhinestones.  


Lots of dresses for little girls.


Many for women too, generic cheap ones, same as the ones on the internet. 


Love this! I bought one to go with my big black wig.


That lace bunny ear headband is very popular in fashion and on the runway. On the right is a flat hat perfect as a base for a Elizabeth Swan (PoTC) head, though with my ginormous head it was too small for me. 


This was my regret, not buying this table runner that looks like something out of Game of Thrones, or a Christmasy outfit. Ghost of Christmas Present? But I don't sew, well haven't since we lived in San Fran.



Have you been to Savers?


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts