Satin & Sequins on Stage @ Monday, September 08, 2014

Monday 1st September




A very sick day. Brown boxes with messages in vials, tied up with kraft paper and string. 

Wednesday

We missed psych :( but made it for the night class. Excited about Halloween but also dreading it as it marks the start of exams here. 

Dinner was milk and strawberries, and a spinach & ricotta pastry, oh and 3 cookies (though those were more like snacks). We have to start light & easy soon!



On another night we had PB TimTams, they were ok but honestly I didn't like it. We love salted caramel, white choc raspberry and the doubled coated one, oh and the mint and rum & raisin.



Thursday

Feeling like I didn't sleep last night... we made it to class. And along the way shopped over the phone. It is a wonderful thing when money can buy stuff - I've passed events where money can't buy whatever is in offer. That does not sit well with me. 

So I had a presentation today but missed the email! By that I mean I read it, but not the attachment, which is where the info was.



Lunch, a baguette and two delicious jam doughnuts from 'Olympic Doughnuts'. Through all the years I've been in this area I've never tried them (last time, missing jam didn't count). They're delivered warm and with a drop of jam - which is perfect to me. And only 80c each! I thought they would be $1.20 or so. But do not it's more like fried dough with jam rather than your typical jam doughnut from say Walkers. 







Once a year during September, the first Thursday Priceline (just that one city store) has event on. It was 5pm then moved to 12pm, so I couldn't go, and then moved to 11am but only those who called up would know. I got a (show)goodie bag! Others got them for free (or so they say, pretty sure it's for a donation) but I secured mine using a different technique, which le beau is not proud of and yet would have done the same to avoid going to the event with me. :P 

Oh and a note here is that you got to know about the details *hint hint* of the event to well know it's on. It's not publicly announced, because that would create too much demand and not enough supply. 



This year the bag was different, instead of being lots of samples there was one main product, lashes, two pencils (eye, lips), nail product and a few other small things. The main product was a 'Vidal Sassoon VSP98A Goddess Waves Styler' RRP $93 from their website or $36 from The Good Guys though that is on clearance sale, old model? 

While I did want to try the nail strengthener it has some formaldehyde in it. At high concentrations it is know to be a carcinogen (causes cancer). Not going to risk it. 

We missed the event last year because I had an events class (my major) and couldn't miss it, but you can read about it here I really regret not going as I bought lots of 'People for Plants' products. That goodie box was in addition to the normal bag.

Is it just me or do they have less events that usual for '30 Days of Fashion & Beauty'? Normally have they the beauty/fashion magazine editors host talks and tips. But not this year? Also I feel as though this is more of a Sydney event to go with their Vouge Shopping Night, meanwhile we have spring fashion week.



I love perfume bottles, I'd love to buy this one and the original - just for the bottle.


We went back to check out that gold fish scales dress, it's $200 with reversible sequins.




Onto QV to check out their latest space, third theme was 'Enchanted Tree'.


Ice Cream! We had Movenpick's tiramisu & white chocolate is great. Though it's $$, this is $8 (I paid $4 with a group deal) it's two scoops with choc & coffee sauce. And it was everywhere... I prefer my ice cream in the cup rather than on the rim half in half out. I regret not going for the cone.



Adairs Runway


Story of why we don't got to fashion week events at town hall.


Possum!


Sunday



We are up for trying new things, like fashion shows. This week's event was dressing models, there are wedding dresses with a gazillion buttons and dresses that are tight with no zips. Also there's no chance of going to the bathroom in that, fishtail dresses don't even lift that high. 

Modeling is only glamorous on the runway, but backstage there's a lot of waiting time, and running around in nude underwear. A couple of the girls were nice. I saw someone I knew and said hi though she either didn't see me down here (yes I am short), didn't recognize me without my auburn brown hair (I like wigs, and have a couple in different colours), that or she ignored me...

Dinner was scattered and unplanned, 2 rolls of sushi, french fries, a filet-o-fish, a muffin and a sandwich... Next time we shall go earlier and have time to go to one restaurant and not have it on the go. 

Before work we went shopping and I found (ok I had it on hold and just came to pick it up) something I wanted that was $60 down to $5! Now all I need is to find bk matching underwear with sequins.





After work we went to 'Eve' with people from work, got free entry and a free drink. The floor, part of it was carpeted and very sticky with spilled drinks and gum. The music was loud and you could feel it (and I don't that in the same way that you feel the beat in ballroom). When I go out I prefer jazz clubs or a place with a string quartet, somewhere Cole Porter or Sinatra would perform at.


Outfit if the day, paired with fishnets and stilettos (ok that lasted about 15mins).


Recently bought this dress, it's cheap and look it, looks like Cotton On Crap. Also the glitter bra-ish part doesn't hold up by itself, as it's padded slightly and floppy. The sequins are pretty, but this dress is very body hugging like a swim suit but a couple inches longer.


I really like this dress on the left but $30 shipping killed it. Top right is nice to but I don't have umm... the bust for it to work. Bottom right is the ebay dress I bought and now am re-listing or saving it till I loose that 10kgs.


Have you found any amazing dresses, but the shipping was just too much?



Blogger RMIT Newintstudents said... on September 08, 2014 1:06 PM  

I got my entry into the designer shows for MSFW for free as I volunteered for the City of Melbourne's many International student programs.
If you are up for it, you should give this a go. You could do the Welcome desk or the Lord Mayors. It was so much fun


Blogger Curious Charlie said... on September 09, 2014 12:04 AM  

That's a good idea, thanks. :)

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts